Friday, July 13, 2012

Henna-Inspired Floral Wedding Invitations


This is a custom wedding invitation I worked on for a couple getting married in California this fall; the bride is Indian and her fiance is not, so she wanted something Indian-inspired without being too literal. I went with a burnt orange color palette to reflect the fall wedding as well as the Indian inspiration, with a bold floral border on the invitation and the envelope liner.

The border was inspired by the florals used in henna, with the small lines and details that are seen in henna designs. The whole thing was then tied together with a bright red ribbon to add one more pop of color to the invitation suite. Perfect for a fall wedding!






*Names have been changed to protect the privacy of the bride and groom.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love what you did with the design of your wedding invitations! I wish I could be that handy and customize mine myself, but I just did it online which I thought was easier. One less thing I had to worry about doing myself along with a lot of other stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...