Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Suzani

As you may know, my friend Rachel recently got back from a textile research trip to Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan. Her next stop will be Hong Kong with us! She brought back a collection of Suzanis, traditional Uzbek embroidered quilts, and they are gorgeous. I bought this one from her basically as soon as she stepped off the plane (I think my first question was "What textiles you bring back?!?").

This piece was hand embroidered by one of Rachel's Uzbek friends, and you can see all the individual stitches on the back. It's on my bed right now, and I plan on hanging it on the wall of my next apartment. It's one of the most beautiful textiles I've ever seen. Thanks Rachel!








1 comment:

  1. It looks really pretty. I am a big fan of
    suzani embroidery
    and fabric. Thank you for sharing this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...