Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ink, Ink Everywhere

Yesterday I spent the day at the Torpedo Factory in Alexandria using the printing press. I do most of my printing by hand in my apartment, but for the big things like tea towels, they really need to go through a press to come out right. At the Torpedo Factory (and places like it around the country) you can rent out the press for the day and you get to use all their inks, rollers, solvents and all the other expensive materials you need for printmaking. So until I buy a barn to fill with an antique press and hundreds of different inks and supplies, I will be renting.


The new towels are all available right here! Now back to the Christmas cards; the first design is finished, and you'll be able to see all of them by the end of the week (I hope)!

2 comments:

  1. Nice! What are these places called, where you can rent printing equipment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tree print is so fantastic Katharine! It looks like self employment is going well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...